Lush Valentines Day Review





As some of you may or may not know I am a Lush addict and am obsessed with bath bombs and anything bath related. On January 9th lush released their valentines day ranch which came out surprising early and close to the Christmas collection. I decided to d a blog review on the pieces released for valentines to let you know what they are like and what my first impressions are, hope you enjoy.
 
 
 
 
So as you can see, the bath bombs I have wrapped in cling film for storage reasons but I will leave a picture from the lush website if you want to see them without.
 
So lets begin.........
 
 
 
 
The first thing you notice about the prince charming shower gel is that it has a very prominent grape fruit note in the scent in my opinion which is a very love/hate scent I have noticed when shopping at lush. I don't personally like the scent a lot of prince charming but I like how once you have used it on your skin it smells really florally and not grape fruity at all. The prince charming shower gel contains pomegranate juice which is astringent and cleansing, almond oil to hydrate your skin and hair and marshmallow root which will keep your skin silky soft.
 
 
 
Love Locket is quite possibly the biggest bath bomb you will ever encounter and I'm sure of it. Its nearly as big as my entire face. Love Locket is definitely a lush valentines day staple as it is s popular and I'm pretty sure it is released every year. I haven't tried this bath bomb yet but I bought two. I did this because as you can see in the picture above I wanted to break it in half as you are supposed to find a little miniature heart on the inside and this allows you to be able to use the bath bomb 2-3 times as it is so big but you could just indulge yourself and use the whole thing. The Love Locket bath bomb contains fair trade vanilla absolute which helps add a sweet and comforting smell, jasmine absolute to add floral and seductive notes and neroli oil which is uplifting and toning for the skin. 


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 









Floating Flower bath bomb

My first impress of floating flower is that is that it isn't the sort of scent I would go for as it is very peculiar and strange but non the less it is still nice enough to use as a relaxing bath. I don't know what else I think of this bath bomb other then that at the moment as I haven't used it  but I will update this post once I have to let you know more of what I think about it. The floating flower bath bomb contains seductive and floral jasmine absolute, sweet, heady and floral ylang ylang oil and calming and toning cypress oil.


Unicorn Horn bubble bar

I'm pretty sure this as the most anticipated item from the valentines day collection this year as unicorn horn is a past valentines day product but hasn't been in a collection for a while so everyone was excited to hear this was being released. Firstly I think this is my favourite item as it smells straight up of lavender which is one of my favourite scents in anything. I did a little tester of this bubble bar as I bought three so I broke a bit of the top and tested it in my bath room sink. One thing I noticed was that they seem quite hard when trying to crumble them under the tap compared to other bubble bars so I had to swish it around the water with my hand to try encourage the bubbles and build them but once I did this there was a lot of bubbles and the scent was really strong on my skin from whishing it around in the water. It created a really nice lilac purple colour. The unicorn horn contains sweet, heady and floral ylang ylang, balancing and calming lavender oil and uplifting and toning neroli oil.


Heart Throb bubble bar

The heart throb bubble bar is a very fresh and relieving scent and its quite surprisingly a big bubble bar but I think like the normal permanent line of bubbleroon bubble bar things they are good for two baths really. Again like most things I haven't tried this in a bath yet but I can tell from just holding it that it is going to be super moisturising and cleansing for the your body and skin. This also shares its scent with African paradise body conditioner which is a permanent product. This contains frangipani absolute, moisturising organic shea butter, toning and balancing geranium oil and sweet and comforting air trade vanilla absolute.


Lonely Heart bubble bar

This bubble bar is another one of my favourite scents from the valentines day collection as it is citrusy and awakening which I am really liking at the minute. One thing I don't like about this bubble bar is that it seems really small for the price they are asking for, I feel like this would be enough for one and a half baths in total which isn't much for the price but never the less it still smells and feels nice. Plus it is covered in glitter which I cant wait to enjoy. The Lonely Heart bubble bar contains bergamot oil, rose absolute and lemongrass oil.




The valentines day collection also included a lip scub and lip tint but I wasn't really interested in lip care but I have to say the lip scrub smelt really nice.


I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments if you have tried any of the Lush valentines day products and weather you have liked them or not.

 


Comments

Popular Posts